Saturday, March 1, 2008

Donnie Darko

I chose to put a trailer for a somewhat SF-esque movie from 2001, called Donnie Darko.

Donnie Darko is probably my favorite Sci-Fi movies of all time, and one of my favorite movies of all time. Its not a conventional Sci-Fi movie, in that it does not take place in the future, and it doesn’t really have any futuristic technology, but the ideas in it are very strong, and are similar to that of many SF movies. It takes Place in the late 1980’s, and it is about a crazy teenage boy named Donnie Darko. He wakes up in the middle of the night, and is oddly drawn to a man in a bunny suit (yes, I know it sounds weird, but just stay with me) who tells him the world is going to end soon. Donnie then must find out why, and how he can stop it. The film explores destiny, Time Travel, psychology, the spectrum of human emotion, freedom of speech Vs. family values, and a ton of other things. I encourage everyone to watch this movie, if you like the Science Fiction/Psychological Thriller/Dark comedy genre.

No comments: